Valleyview has both a Resident Council and Family Council, which consists of residents and family members, respectively, who share their ideas and suggestions to contribute to our operations.
Residents at Valleyview have an opportunity to share their suggestions and concerns to improve the services in the home. The Resident Council meets periodically for discussion and all residents are welcome to join.
The Family Council’s purpose is to provide a forum for dialogue, discussion and information about the services and programs of the home, and topics relevant for families with loved ones living at Valleyview Residence. It provides an opportunity for families to advocate on behalf of all residents and provide mutual support for family members and friends.
If you are interested in joining and participating in the Family Council please contact:
Resident and Family Relations Coordinator at 416-398-0555 Ext. 1108
Objectives / Benefits of Joining:
- Play an important part in the quality of life of the resident.
- To promote and enhance the partnership between residents, families and Valleyview Residence staff.
- To provide a forum for input related to the quality of life for the resident.
- To promote support and education related to normal ageing, geriatric care and/or other relevant issues.
- To promote participation in facility events which benefit the quality of life for the reside